http://www.simoneelkeles.net/oldsite/index.html
This is Simone Elkeles's site. Here you can read her biography, contact her, and check out all of her books.
http://www.simoneelkeles.net/oldsite/rules.html
This is the specific site for Rules of Attraction. It tells you were you can go to buy the book tells you all of the awards it received including being put on the Read for a Lifetime list!
http://www.ielanguages.com/spanish1.html
There's a lot of random Spanish in the book. It's all relatively basic, but here's a site so that some of the phrases can be easier to understand.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7137775-rules-of-attraction
This is a site that gives a basic summary and gives you links to buy the book. There's also a long discussion about the book and tons of user reviews saying whether or not you would be interested in the book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhEx0kaUlrU
This is the book trailer. They've made trailers for each of the books in the Perfect Chemistry series.
http://www.bookchickcity.com/2011/02/book-review-rules-of-attraction-by.html
This is an online review of the novel. It's from a girl's perspective, so a guy probably shouldn't follow it. To be completely honest, a guy probably wouldn't enjoy this book.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Mafia
Gang violence is a big part of the issues that Carlos deals with. This page gives an overall history of gangs and criminal activity in Mexico and how it's affected different areas of the United States.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_food
Mexican culture is brought up a lot in this book. Carlos is very proud of it, including the food section. This site gives a history and overview of current Mexican cuisine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_repair_shop
Carlos and Kiara eventually settle down and run an auto shop together. This is a small page describing the different kinds of shops there are and specialty places.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8662836-chain-reaction
Here's a site to check out the next and final book of the Perfect Chemistry series. So if you read Rules of Attraction and enjoy it, looking at the next book in line will probably work out well.
These are all pretty accurate choices of links. I especially enjoy that you mentioned Perfect Chemistry/etc. It gives everyone an idea of what happened before Rules of Attraction. I also love the online reviews. Book reviews are always very helpful. Sometimes I'm not sure how I feel about a book. I usually look at reviews and they either help or hurt my thoughts toward something that I've just read. I also like that you mentioned Mexican culture. Rules of Attraction really dives into their culture and it's interesting to find out more about it. Anywho, keep blogging!
ReplyDelete