Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Comments

Sarah Seward:


Mayna Tyrrell said...




Reading this made me wish that I had chosen to write an analysis myself. This is a really good explanation as to how we all are the same. It's not even really that we are all the same, because we are each our own person, but that's just it. We are all people. We all have feelings and dreams. The fact that this book has a connection to music makes me even more interested in it. This book sounded interesting to me in the beginning and looking at your blog made me feel like this would be an even better pick for me. I watched Pritam perform Stuck in Neutral, and that was such a moving and stunning piece. I feel like the morals are aligned. The only critical things I can say are that it's role model, not romodel. Overall though, awesome job Sarah! You should definitely let me borrow that book. :)


Mayna Tyrrell said...




Music is always the best way to express and connect things. Well, that's my opinion at least. You should reread this, because it has a few spelling errors at random places. The connections you made were all really good. I wish I knew the book so that I could see these connections in my head. It sounds like a really good, stereotypical adventure story about courage and dreams. I think it'd be cool if you had links to the songs. Although, I'm probably not going to have those on mine, so that's kind of hypocritical. I'd suggest entering some lyrics that show connections to the plot or themes. Overall though, good job! Sounds like a combination of a good book with good songs.

Mayna Tyrrell said...

Woah...this is really awesome Angel. For one, I really like this new font, it automatically brought an interest to this by making it look unique and just plain cool. During the first paragraph, I wasn't sure if you actually knew what this post was supposed to be, but I still found it really funny, along with just being a really good summary of the pros for sparknotes. (The :P..... :(....., etc. actually made me laugh out loud. xD)After the humorous and informative first paragraph, you properly transitioned into why it truly can't replace a good book. Not only did you explain how it takes away the emotions and disrespects the author, but made a really good comparison to music. Your writing style not only gets your point across but shows your personality. I know that we're supposed to be critical and give advice, but to be honest, I don't have anything to say. This was just really, really good. I suppose you could've brought the book you're reading into it, but I don't think it would've made it any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment