This year's English class has been quite interesting. The blogs were definitely the most unique thing I've probably done in any English class in high school. I remember at first everyone was kind of weird about it because we weren't sure how it would go and didn't know what to do with a blog. As time went on, I think it all just flowed better. We were allowed to post practically whatever we wanted, and whether or not it worked, it was a pretty comfortable system for all of us. Exploring different parts of the internet for class was pretty cool, and as more and more people are getting smartphones, it's going to be easier and easier to do a lot of different kinds of activities in class.
Read for a Lifetime had a better list of books than I had expected it to. None of the books I read were what I would call bad. I was kind of disappointed with Hold Me Closer, Necromancer, but from then on I liked all of the books that I read. The Boy Who Dared was a really cool story about a teenager in Nazi Germany who could spot all the wrong that was going on around him. The combination of historical facts and implements of fiction made the story seem a lot more real. Five Flavors of Dumb was also really interesting. The concept itself was different as the idea of being deaf usually makes people think that music is out of the question. My own personal connection to music made this book even more interesting because I think that music is something that everyone can enjoy, even if music is simply vibrations to you. Rules of Attraction proved to be a good sequel and this assignment actually gave me an excuse to finally pick it up and read it. Of course, I think it'd be even better if we just got to choose our own books, but overall I believe that the blogging mixed with Read for a Lifetime worked out well.
Hi Mayna, I'm Sam Chung from Fremd High School. This year in English also has been very interesting. I had an awesome teacher whos funny and has great lessons. The blogging, however, was something new to me. It was really cool how our school could start blogging with each other. I hope you enjoyed your year of blogging as well! Keep reading over the summer as well :)
ReplyDeleteHi I'm Ali from Fremd. Blogging this year in English is a lot different than anything I've ever done. I really enjoyed it though because you could write freely without a specified prompt. It was a really cool experience.
ReplyDelete